A perfect storm is brewing:
- Jeff Anderson has been talking about the connection between Kanban and LeanStartup
- A discussion about Kanban Training Materials with Mike Burrows has nudged me to give more emphasis to the foundational principles and core practices.
- I’ve been pitching a lot of Lean Startup stuff myself to Product Owners and clients in general
- I’ve been thinking about how to use Lean Startup Change Measure Learn cycles in our approach to change at AgileSparks (and started to do small experiments at my own clients)
- I’m working on my Lean Systems and Software Conference 2012 talk/paper about Continuous Stagnation (Which will also be featured in similar form at Scrum Gathering Atlanta btw…)
The culmination of all this is that I created a Story Map to reflect the Kanban Method approach to evolutionary change. This maps the foundational principles and core practice areas to actual core and optional practices and can help me explain Kanban in our 2-day Accredited Kanban Training (next date is 20-21 march in Israel btw) . I’m also thinking of creating exercises using this map to explain story mapping itself as well as the concept of “Minimally Viable Change/Product”.
If you’re interested to check out how I use this in the context of my training – see an excerpt from the materials:
I'm Yuval Yeret. I'm leading the Kanban practice at AgileSparks. This blog focuses on my experiences using Lean and Agile approaches to help organizations and people become more effective.
Holy Land Kanban Book
- My favorite Excel-based Agile Backlog Templates 0 comment(s)
- Kanban Method – Finding the Minimally Viable Change 0 comment(s)
- So what IS Scrumban? 0 comment(s)
- Scrum Sprint Commitment Rant 0 comment(s)
- Bootstrapping Agile (by yourself) using Kanban – My Agile Israel 2013 talk 0 comment(s)
Tag cloudconference greenpepper iterations kanban Transition Agilesparks project_management agile bugs lean velocity issue_tracking LSSC11 Training sprint RND Lean Startup קנבן Organization Teams engineering_practices Cycle_Time Commitment hr MMF LSSC12 SPC relationships scrum metrics flow SLA test_case_management reading_materials agile testing resources Continuous Improvement LKCE11 Workshop classes of service Israel Slack LimitedWIP QA agile_testing
YuvalYeret on Twitter
This work by Yuval Yeret is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.