A perfect storm is brewing:
- Jeff Anderson has been talking about the connection between Kanban and LeanStartup
- A discussion about Kanban Training Materials with Mike Burrows has nudged me to give more emphasis to the foundational principles and core practices.
- I’ve been pitching a lot of Lean Startup stuff myself to Product Owners and clients in general
- I’ve been thinking about how to use Lean Startup Change Measure Learn cycles in our approach to change at AgileSparks (and started to do small experiments at my own clients)
- I’m working on my Lean Systems and Software Conference 2012 talk/paper about Continuous Stagnation (Which will also be featured in similar form at Scrum Gathering Atlanta btw…)
The culmination of all this is that I created a Story Map to reflect the Kanban Method approach to evolutionary change. This maps the foundational principles and core practice areas to actual core and optional practices and can help me explain Kanban in our 2-day Accredited Kanban Training (next date is 20-21 march in Israel btw) . I’m also thinking of creating exercises using this map to explain story mapping itself as well as the concept of “Minimally Viable Change/Product”.
If you’re interested to check out how I use this in the context of my training – see an excerpt from the materials:
I'm Yuval Yeret. I'm leading the Kanban practice at AgileSparks. This blog focuses on my experiences using Lean and Agile approaches to help organizations and people become more effective.
Top Posts & Pages
- My favorite Excel-based Agile Backlog Templates
- Lean/Kanban approach to Teams
- Don Reinertsen's Cost of Delay Intuition Exercise - a facilitator's guide
- Why I think Slack is highly important during an Agile/Kanban transition
- So what IS Scrumban?
- Making Agile Teams work in real life - The quest for Stable Feature Teams?
- Do we need stack ranking in a kanban system?
- How to use Kanban to help improve your recruiting process
- Scrum Sprint Commitment Rant
- How does the performance objectives process change in a Lean/Agile world?
Tag cloudlean flow MMF hr Training Teams SPC engineering_practices קנבן Slack classes of service test_case_management Workshop greenpepper Continuous Improvement SLA reading_materials Transition kanban velocity Israel conference LSSC12 project_management issue_tracking agile_testing LimitedWIP metrics bugs LSSC11 RND scrum agile testing resources Agilesparks sprint iterations LKCE11 Cycle_Time agile QA relationships Organization Lean Startup Commitment
This work by Yuval Yeret is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.