A perfect storm is brewing:
- Jeff Anderson has been talking about the connection between Kanban and LeanStartup
- A discussion about Kanban Training Materials with Mike Burrows has nudged me to give more emphasis to the foundational principles and core practices.
- I’ve been pitching a lot of Lean Startup stuff myself to Product Owners and clients in general
- I’ve been thinking about how to use Lean Startup Change Measure Learn cycles in our approach to change at AgileSparks (and started to do small experiments at my own clients)
- I’m working on my Lean Systems and Software Conference 2012 talk/paper about Continuous Stagnation (Which will also be featured in similar form at Scrum Gathering Atlanta btw…)
The culmination of all this is that I created a Story Map to reflect the Kanban Method approach to evolutionary change. This maps the foundational principles and core practice areas to actual core and optional practices and can help me explain Kanban in our 2-day Accredited Kanban Training (next date is 20-21 march in Israel btw) . I’m also thinking of creating exercises using this map to explain story mapping itself as well as the concept of “Minimally Viable Change/Product”.
If you’re interested to check out how I use this in the context of my training – see an excerpt from the materials:
I'm Yuval Yeret. I'm leading the Kanban practice at AgileSparks. This blog focuses on my experiences using Lean and Agile approaches to help organizations and people become more effective.
Top Posts & Pages
- My favorite Excel-based Agile Backlog Templates
- So what IS Scrumban?
- Kanban Method - Finding the Minimally Viable Change
- Don Reinertsen's Cost of Delay Intuition Exercise - a facilitator's guide
- How to use Kanban to help improve your recruiting process
- Scrum Sprint Commitment Rant
- Touching your electronic kanban board
- Encouraging Feature-level progress tracking in Kanban
- The Toyota Kata - Book Review and Thoughts
- Book Report - Developing Products in Half the Time: New Rules, New Tools by Reinertsen and Smith
Tag cloudTraining MMF Israel קנבן sprint agile_testing SLA velocity flow relationships LSSC12 metrics LimitedWIP project_management SPC scrum Cycle_Time Workshop RND QA iterations agile testing greenpepper Organization resources Teams LKCE11 conference Slack hr classes of service issue_tracking lean kanban reading_materials Transition Continuous Improvement LSSC11 test_case_management engineering_practices Agilesparks bugs agile Lean Startup Commitment
This work by Yuval Yeret is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.