The day has come for FLOWer to bloom (maybe we should call it “Hatzav” (maritime squeel) after the flower that brings the autumn here in israel… btw we are in the middle of october and it feels like July, can’t wait for the Vienna weather next week in Lean Kanban Central Europe 2012 – you’ve got your tickets already, right?)
A couple of months ago I’ve written about experiencing Kanban system design and if you’ve been waiting to see what I’m talking about, today AgileSparks is soft launching FLOWer. Well, at least an initial version of it focused on experiencing the effects of WIP on flow and ROI/Profit of the business. You are welcome to go try FLOWer now.
A couple of notes about the beta:
- Starting the simulator and seeing it in action doesn’t require any registration. Just open it and kick the wheels. Tweaking the settings requires registration which is currently done by simply associating your google account. We are assuming most people have a google account. We only keep your emails so we can be in touch, we don’t do anything else with your data.
- We are currently in beta mode which means we limit the amount of users registered to the system. Hurry up and register. First come first serve.
- We are still figuring out the pricing model. You can leverage that and enjoy it free at the moment. And we will make sure we take good care of early adopters that help us shape up the product.
- We are trying to make the simulator and the game self-explanatory. We’re probably not there yet, so please comment or leave feedback on the site itself with anything that wasn’t clear, didn’t work as you expected, or points you just felt stuck at.
- The simulator will run on any modern HTML5 browser. Chrome, Firefox, Safari… iPad Chrome/Safari… But that also means IE is NOT SUPPORTED.
So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and play! (Sorry, we didn’t include a Boss Key… but maybe your boss would also like to see how intelligent context-specific and adaptive application of Stop Starting Start Finishing is a way to bring home more Benjamins!)