I was delighted to accept an invitation to come on the podcast to discuss OKRs, Business Agility, Agile, Evidence-based management and the connection to increasing value creation e.g. in the Private Equity space. Check out the podcast here or in the embedded audio below.
We discuss the role of OKRs in aligning the goals of a portfolio company and how they can be used to facilitate cross-functional collaboration and focus on outcomes. we also discuss the importance of going beyond the surface level of frameworks like OKRs and Scrum to truly understand and utilize their principles, as well as the dangers of getting caught up in the hype of the latest buzzwords and trends.
What you will learn
- The connection between business agility and OKRs in private equity
- The role of OKRs in alignment and focus within an organization
- The principles shared by various frameworks such as OKRs, Scrum, and SAFe
- The importance of understanding and implementing frameworks effectively
- The benefits of dynamic team organization and shuffling based on OKRs
- The value of discussing outcomes rather than specifying outputs and having conversations about OKRs
- The dangers of chasing the next shiny thing without fully understanding and implementing it
- The connection between agile principles and OKR success
- The role of transparency, collaboration, and psychological safety in creating a successful environment for progress and continuous improvement
- The challenges and opportunities in improving work environments and creating meaningful organizational progress.