As I prepare to check out from the Boston Seaport Hotel which was the venue of this year’s LSSC conference (and did a magnificent job hosting us!), here are my highlights/impressions of the conference.
The buzzword of the conference seems to have been “Lean Startup”. It permeated into many talks (including mine) in two main aspects – One was the classic product/customer-focused Lean Startup as an alternative narrative to Lean/Agile. The other was taking the ideas of fast cycles of Validated Learning and adopting them as a narrative for the approach to change. This came up in Jeff Anderson’s ambitious and thought-provoking or even provocative talk about the transition participation engine as well as in my attempt to “fix” continuous improvement.
I'm Yuval Yeret. I'm leading the Kanban practice at AgileSparks. This blog focuses on my experiences using Lean and Agile approaches to help organizations and people become more effective.
Top Posts & Pages
- My favorite Excel-based Agile Backlog Templates
- So what IS Scrumban?
- Don Reinertsen's Cost of Delay Intuition Exercise - a facilitator's guide
- Addressing some myths and misconceptions people have when considering Kanban
- Kanban Method - Finding the Minimally Viable Change
- The Toyota Kata - Book Review and Thoughts
- How to replace the timebox-based motivation when using Kanban/ScrumBan
- Explaining MVPs, MVFs, MMFs via the Lean/Agile Requirements Dinosaur
- What does Kanban mean for the Project Manager?
- How to limit WIP when you cannot block arriving work requests?
Tag cloudQA Transition LSSC12 engineering_practices agile SPC velocity LSSC11 bugs Cycle_Time flow classes of service Slack RND Workshop sprint iterations agile testing קנבן Training resources Commitment Teams conference metrics Israel LKCE11 scrum agile_testing hr SLA test_case_management MMF relationships lean greenpepper reading_materials Lean Startup Agilesparks kanban Continuous Improvement LimitedWIP project_management issue_tracking Organization
This work by Yuval Yeret is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.