While there are common antipatterns and useful patterns, Each organization is unique. Fixing your agility is context-specific and can take multiple forms:
- Strategic discovery/thinking workshop with leaders to explore current state and context, options, and align on high level fixes
- High-quality principles-focused training to reinforce missing/weak agile concepts
- Capability/Maturity Assessment and co-creating a set of recommendations with a group of interested champions
- Using Flow/Kanban to reinforce lean/agile principles and move away from mechanical agile
- Working hands-on with specific teams, groups, and leaders to help build the right practices and reinforce principles
Regardless of the form, the overall goal is to build a leadership capability in your organization that will be responsible for the continued learning and evolution of your way of working, in alignment with agile principles and mindset.