Launch / Boost your OKR practice
Discover how to enhance alignment between strategy and execution by mastering the utilization of frameworks like OKRs and Evidence-based Management (EBM). These tools help align strategic priorities and enable multi-disciplinary cross-organization teams to innovate with empowerment.
Here’s how my typical OKR launch/boost engagements look like:
- Exploring current management operating system (whether using OKRs or not) and surrounding context – what’s working, what’s not, opportunities, and threats. This will be accomplished via quick conversations with relevant players and reviewing existing artifacts.
- Facilitate an OKR Implementation Strategy workshop to align on improvements for the company/group-level management/operating system.
- This workshop starts by exploring the current context and challenges, objectives, and desired results.
- We then explore principles and practices to help achieve the desired results and create an operating system that takes a pragmatic evolutionary step toward the desired results. This workshop section combines OKR / EBM training and in-context application conversations.
- The last part of the workshop is a conversation about the next steps – we draft a blueprint for the planned interventions, a roadmap for change, and a plan of what kind of support the group will need.
- OKR Training and Coaching
- Based on the outcomes of the strategic workshop, we will co-create and then implement an OKR/EBM training and coaching roadmap.
- Coaching the leadership team through creating company-level OKRs conducive to the right balance between alignment towards outcomes and the right execution autonomy.
- Help prepare and facilitate a broad participation (Big Room) OKR workshop to align OKRs across the organization (based on my OKR Big Room Alignment framework)
- Coach OKR execution check-ins, grading, debrief,ing and retrospectives – Inspect and Adapt several cycles of OKR implementation
You can explore my thinking and recommendations regarding OKRs below: