- This event has passed.
Professional Agile Leadership – Evidence Based Management (PAL-EBM) – Live Virtual – May 2023
May 1, 2023 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Need for Evidence-based Management.
As organizations scale up, maintaining and improving alignment between strategy and execution becomes harder and harder. The Evidence-Based Management™ (EBM) framework is an Agile approach to help leaders guide their teams toward continuously improving customer outcomes, organizational capabilities, and business results leveraging. EBM brings agile principles to the wider organization and helps you implement alignment frameworks such as OKRs
This class is offered in collaboration with Madison | Henry. Get your tickets here.
Who Should Attend this class?
The Professional Agile Leadership w/ Evidence Based Management (PAL-EBM) workshop is for professionals in leadership roles (including executives, managers, PMOs, Chiefs of Staff, OKR Champions, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, coaches, and consultants) who:
- Are responsible for implementing and supporting a strategic alignment framework such as OKRs in their organization.
- Are looking for a framework that identifies improvement areas that increase their business agility, including their time to pivot to meet new challenges and deliver customer value
- Want to help their organization embrace empiricism and experimentation to find solutions for complex problems (where more is unknown than known or the situation changes rapidly) – applying agile/agility principles beyond the Product/IT organization
- Want to articulate goals and measures in a way that fosters self-management and empower their teams to understand the connection between their work and the value their organization is providing and customer is receiving
- Want to be more effective in how they measure success by using Agile measures rather than traditional measurement models (including the use of velocity)
Attendees should have read the Evidence-Based Management Guide and be actively looking for alternatives to traditional, plan-driven ways of working and measurement models. Scrum/Agile experience is NOT assumed or needed.
What we will cover in the PAL-EBM workshop
In the Professional Agile Leadership™ – Evidence-Based Management (PAL-EBM) one-day course, participants learn what EBM is and how to apply it through hands-on, activity-based learning. Through a series of exercises, participants learn techniques that support a more agile mindset:
- Use empiricism to set and achieve strategic goals, managing the unknown and complexity through experimentation and adapting goals along the way
- Create a cultural environment using clear goals, appropriate measures, and trust to enable self-management and autonomy
- Shift the conversation away from measuring progress purely through team performance metrics toward a focus on customer-centricity and improving customer outcomes.
- Drive operational improvements by using four Key Value Areas (Unrealized Value, Current Value, Time to Market, and the Ability to Innovate) as lenses for evidence-based decision-making.
- The knowledge participants will learn will help them implement and improve the usage of popular goal-setting frameworks such as OKRs in their organization. OKRs will be discussed explicitly in this PAL-EBM class.
PAL-EBM Learning Objectives
- Understand the essential aspects of goals and measures and how they influence behaviors and an organization’s culture and values
- Help organizations embrace empiricism as a leadership approach. Using experimentation to incrementally steer toward the organization’s goals
- An appreciation for how goals and trust act together to enable autonomy, transparency, and value delivery
- Correlate market leadership and sustainability to curiosity, adaptation, and empiricism
- Understand how to use EBM and its KVAs to focus measurements on improving market value and operational capabilities
PAL-EBM Professional Scrum Certification
All participants completing this course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Agile Leadership – Evidence Based Management (PAL-EBM) assessment. The industry-recognized PAL-EBM certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. PAL-EBM class participants who attempt the PAL-EBM assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.