Here is my talk, together with a great visualization provided by the conference organizers.
My main points were:
- Classes of service do apply when developing products.
- Classes of service don’t cover cases when you need to give different Treatment to different kinds of work, so I introduce Classes of Treatment for context-specific policies for “how to do the work” not just “when to pull what”
- Kanban doesn’t prescribe teams, but what kind of team formation / organizational structure works best? Explored several options and their attributes and effect on Flexibility, Resiliency, Performance.
- Kanban principles and practices scale, in a fractal way. You can zoom in and out as you wish.
- The higher you go, the tougher it is to feel a day to day flow, which is the main challenge of Kanban at higher levels IMHO.
PS If you were at the talk, I’d love your feedback!